Friday 1 February 2008

Update on the car

After speaking to my wonderful mechanic, not G another one, he has told me I am not to settle for second best because the non genuine cat is not suitable that is not my fault, the cat is provided for my car so should therefore do the job it is supposed to do.

I have rung the garage who supplied the cat and I am taking it in tomorrow morning for them to have a look at, they are sold with a 2 year guarantee and I have had two on mine since last July. I also told them it has cost me £120 quid getting diagnostics done on it because the engine management light has been on three times now so we will see what they come up with.

I have got prices for some used genuine renault cat's so if I can get my money back I will buy one of those, I don't really want to part with the car if I don't have too but I think they have to come up with something better then they have before, I haven't mentioned trading standards yet but I will if I have to.

I will let you all know tomorrow how I got on.

On another note, apologies for anyone just tucking into their tea, but a couple of weeks ago I bought some frozen chopped beef from Asda, the instructions on it where to place it in a pan of boiling water until it had defrosted then drain off the excess water, this I did and fortunately didn't put it into a pan of food straight away, because stuck to the bottom of my pan was chewing gum, now I am still gipping at the thought of this, I managed to clean the pan and obviously threw the beef straight in the bin and had vegetarian chilli instead of beef.

I sent a email to Asda's customer services department explaining what had happened also stating I wasn't looking for any compensation just felt they should know someone in the packing department is chewing gum.

I got a reply the next day, apologising profusely for what had happened and if I sent my address why would send me a refund on the meat.

I got home today to an Asda giftcard and another apologetic letter with the copy of a letter they have sent to the suppliers, worded very strongly I must say, so sometimes it's the way you react if I had gone in kicking and screaming in the first place I probably wouldn't be £50 quid better off today.

Well done Asda, I know this shouldn't have happened but I feel they have handled it very well especially the fact I got a response within 24 hours.

There are alot out there who could take note from that.

9 comments:

Wild Cat said...

£50 of free booze coming then ;O)

Nice to see that sometimes 'the customer is always right' is actually the case!

SIMON said...

Well not being a fan of Wal Mart and it's Empire I find that completely reassuring and restores some confidence in Asda at least!

Nice one Emma!

A Lighter Life... said...

Good luck with the car tomorrow! I really do hope that you find a satisfactory conclusion and one that isn't too costly for you :-)

Also, that's horrible finding chewing gum in your beef. Yuck! How disgusting! Still, ASDA couldn't have been fairer. I must say, ASDA is our main store and they have ALWAYS been fab with returns and such like!

You enjoy your £50 gift card - make sure you treat yourself to something lovely ;-)

Have a great weekend hun...

Hugs,

LL x

Anonymous said...

Dad has to folk out for two tyres today... he removed a nail from one, 4 hours later it was flat! DOH!

Only when he got to the garage they told him the tyres at the front both needed replacing so £200 later there they are....

Cars are so expensive to run!

Anonymous said...

Good on ASDA, I got a £25 gift card from them years ago when I found some hair in my french stick! YUK!

Dark Side said...

Catz - It's my rough week moneywise so it will be a welcome boost to the shopping budget..xx

Si - Yes I was surprised myself..bit pleasantly..xx

LL - Thanks and you too..xx

Moose - I know its one expense after another with them but I keep getting jobs which need them.. I am also still gipping over the chewy...urghhxx

Lady in red said...

im hoping my car will spare me too much expense this month its MOT time again!! I know it will need a new tyre soon so have asked my mechanic to fit one.

DC's car is also in for its MOT this week (that might be costly)

Vi said...

I'm a big believer in complaining, otherwise they don't know! I hopw you had the same luck with the cat!

Dark Side said...

LiR - You and mechanics...lol..your as bad as me, joking aside though hope everything is ok with yours and dc's..xx

Vi - Well got a new one fitted so we will see..xx