Monday 28 January 2008

Thanks everyone!

Thank you all for caring so much, it was a very drunken post and I was feeling very emotional but I am fine now.

It's been a strange weekend full of exes went to rugby yesterday and caught up with the old crowd and suffered all day long today at work for it.

I daren't even get in the car this morning, thankfully I work on a bus route and I didn't have any meetings away from site today so I jumped on the bus.

It took me until lunchtime today to even stand a cup of coffee or at least taste it.

Anyway I caught up with Tony last night also, you might remember when we split up it was a bit messy and he had ignored me ever since.

Well I was pissed last night and went across to him and told him we weren't going through a full season not talking it was stupid and we are in the same crowd after all.

We had quite a chat about things and I realised it is him who has the problem not me, he still tried the old me hanging on his every word trick, including going back into the other pub after we had chatted and telling one of my friends I was after him again. How much does he think of himself? I left him to it and decided I would just talk to him when I have to and not make the effort with him, he even told me he had been seeing someone else and she got diagnosed with cancer so he dumped her, well shot of that one I am sure.

It was quite ironic really because J who I was talking to before I met Tony was chatting to me last night for quite a while telling me what a shit Tony is, now the only problem I have with J is he is a Hull KR fan, now anyone from this area knows the two don't mix...lol...well actually we do manage to have heated debates but quite sensible ones we don't really fall out.

Anyway he gave me his number last night and told me to text him later on and I sent a text and for some reason it kept failing, I was too pissed to realise last night but when I looked this morning I had put an extra digit in the number so I had to rack my brain as to which one it was....thankfully I removed the right one because the text went through and he asked if I wanted to go out tonight.

I did say no but only because I don't think I sobered up until about 3pm this afternoon and I am sure that was after a quick nap at my desk...lol...

He did ring me though after the first half of Corrie and we are going out later in the week or when I have recovered.

So it's nearly the start of the rugby season and I really shouldn't go out to play on a school night, plus the bank account has taken a right hammering this weekend so it will be egg and chips all week, roll on Friday, this weekly paid thing does come in handy..

6 comments:

dickiebo said...

Still seems odd to me - start of the season in Jan/Feb!

Elaine Denning said...

I felt a bit like that on Monday morning, too. You have my full sympathy...even if it was self inflicted!

Nothing wrong with egg and chips. Yum!

SIMON said...

So I didn't quite get whether you enjoyed yourself or not!!
J seems like quite a tonic for you though, you do realise that you may not be able to talk about rugby though!!

Dark Side said...

Dickie - Welcome and thanks for dropping by - yep supposed to be summer rugby too..x

Miss - I have now got a stinking cold to go with it, so maybe I wasn't hungover just coming down with cold..lol..xx

Si - Yep I had a brill weekend and I can talk rugby with J he is quite sensible really..xx

Joe90 said...

What you talk about hits everyone at some point (except me, of course), it takes alot to get through it, but you have to believe that you will, or you won't.

Self belief is a beautiful thing, you can't get by on it alone, but you can't get anywhere without it.

Joe90 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.