Wednesday 9 January 2008

Something I have never done before!

This afternoon I was in the middle of a meeting and got called out to move my car as it was blocking someone in.

To be honest I hadn't looked very closely when I parked it if I had I would have realised I was blocking them.

The woman I had blocked in was not happy as she was late for a meeting and let me know in no uncertain how annoyed she was.

I apologised profusely and she went to get in her car, I got in mine and for some bloody stupid reason didn't look behind me and just reversed, bang smack into the car behind me, I hit it with a bit of a whack because I was trying to get out of her way quickly.

I pulled forward and reversed again so the woman could get out and pulled into her parking space.

I went back and took the reg of the car I had hit and went back in the buidling, as I walked into reception the woman who I had blocked in had driven all the way back round to make sure I was alright, which was very nice of her and probably made her even later for her meeting, I thanked her and said I was annoyed with myself more then anything.

I told reception and went back to the meeting, when I came out later I looked at my car which I hadn't looked at after it happened I was more interested in the one I hit and mine has taken the brunt of the damage...arghhh.

The owner of the car I hit rang me tonight and said her's doesn't look too bad and she was prepared to settle without insurance, so I told her I have to go through mine because I need a new bumper so we might as well get them both done at the same time.

I am bloody furious with myself for taking my eye off the ball and not looking behind me.

Thankfully I have got protected no claims but it will still cost me excess.

Boys! Please be gentle with the women drivers comments...

15 comments:

Lady in red said...

awww hugs for you

Elaine Denning said...

It's easily done, Emma, so don't beat yourself up over it. Damn annoying though, eh? Hugs. x

SIMON said...

Oh Emma 9 days and already your year is happening!!
Pay attention girl or it will all go wrong!!
OOO a hugfest!!

The Little Medic said...

It is all too easily done, i've done it before and I am of course the best driver in the world (being a man ;) )

My car is covered in bumps, mainly from the Hospital car park though I must say not 1 person has stopped and reported it so i'm stuck with bumped car that i'll have to pay for at one stage. Well done for taking responsibility, if only everyone was like you.

IT Barman said...

Emma

Don't worry about it, I have done a similar thing, when under pressure its so easy to take your eye off the ball. The main thing is that it wasn't a high speed crash and that your ok.

Anonymous said...

My dad did something similar in the garden centre carpark about 18 months ago; he hit another car but caused more damage to his own. Actually cost over £3000 in repairs for his own car and the other car only needed a touch up of paint! Bloody typical that!

Hope you get it fixed soon and the excess is not too steep!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oh no! How frustrating. I can totally empathise though, one of my neighbours has this ancient golf he hardly ever drives and always parks in the most inconvenient place for the rest of us...being terrible at parking I bump into it on a regular basis! He doesn't care, its so old and solid it doesn't mark, but my much more modern and tinny car has multiple bumps from absorbing the impact! Gah, must learn to park! Hope the excess isn't too much, BG x

Area Trace No Search said...

Don't sweat it lass, we've all been there.

Anyone that has been driving for a while and says that they haven't, it simply means they haven't been caught yet!

Wild Cat said...

*hugs*
Been there too x

Dark Side said...

Aww thanks guys and gals for your hugs, I was just so bloody annoyed with myself and yes mine is going to cost more, excess is only £100 quid though so it could be worse, as the bodyshop guy said that's what we pay insurance for.

Medic - I must be too honest because that's where it happened...I couldn't walk away anyway but I would imagine it's all on CCTV..

Dark Side said...

Oh and on another note spied a colleague googling this morning, not sure what she put in but this blog came up at the top of the list....arghhh....might have to go into lock down.

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel, i dropped my bike, i wanted to cry, start your new year on the 1st Feb, thats I am doing x

Evening said...

Honey, there are just days like that, aren't there? Don't beat yourself up about it. We have all done stuff just like that, at least, I have, several times. So sorry, this all happened. Sending you a big hug.
xo

Joe90 said...

Women driver comments? I have no idea what you mean!

I once had someone crash into my car in a car park, thankfully they were as nice as you.

Dark Side said...

Joe - Welcome glad you got in..xx