Tuesday 8 January 2008

A new challenge

After all my panicking the other day about how stable my temporary position is, I might just have had a shot in the arm today and a chance to prove myself worthy of permanent employment.

I was worrying a little and made sure I got back from lunch early for my boss coming in at 12pm, I was starting to think I was on my way out due to not having anything to do over the xmas period, well no sooner had he sat down he was firing emails at me left right and centre to answer, good start I thought and dealt with everything he threw at me.

I stood up this afternoon to make a drink and he asked if he could see me in the meeting room there's me thinking here we go we are out of here...ever the pessimist as you all know..

But hey no, he has given me a part of a project which is running for long after I am due to finish, I am kind of thinking he may be testing me to see how I cope with it, it is all very new to me but I am quick to learn so I am going to give it my best shot. I am really looking forward to the challenge of pulling this off.

He also said he will give me another part of the project providing I can do this part ok.

So, yes I am slightly buzzing tonight having had a little insight into what is required of me this afternoon.

It would be so good to keep this job, they are lovely people, very relaxed and it takes me ten minutes to get to work, oh and my boss is also a rugby fan so understands the necessity of early finishes on a Friday if needed.

I would love to just settle down this year with something I want to do and get paid for it regularly.

I did try to write this at work this afternoon but this blog is blocked for possible obscene content, can you believe it?

I may have to lock it down though at some point but I will keep you all informed if I feel the need to do that, hopefully I can keep my anonymity.

13 comments:

Area Trace No Search said...

Well done Emma - that's wonderful news, a great start to the new year.

It's nice to see some optimism in your posts, something I need to start to do myself. You're an inspiration!

Area

The Little Medic said...

Excellent news! Well done! Glad to hear things are going well, long may it continue.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, that's great news, Emma....

It all sounds VERY promising indeed :-)

I really do hope that 2008 will be your year babe and in many more ways to come ;-)

Lots of hugs!

LL x

SIMON said...

Such good news Em! Best time of the year for news like that, well done.

Dark Side said...

Area - I was beginning to feel like a boat without a rudder, but now I can see I can chart my own destiny..x

Medic - Thanks and I hope you get your good news tomorrow too..x

Lins - It's people like you who have kept my spirits up..thanks..xx

Si - And you thanks for believing in me..xx

Anonymous said...

Well done Em! Sounds very promising, good luck with it :o)

Anonymous said...

thats good honey, pleased for you, hope it works out that it was all for the best x

Vi said...

Glad you are happy where you are, youd deserve it!

IT Barman said...

Thats great news to hear, he obviously has the confidence in you, so I am hoping that you will progress to the permy position

Elaine Denning said...

Woohoo! Well done you! Your boss can obviously spot talent when he sees it!

Dark Side said...

GND - Thanks, I have had a really good day today too.x

Vi - I am, I am just trying not to get my hopes up too much...xx


IT - Yes me too..x

Miss - I do hope so, fingers crossed.x

Lady in red said...

well done you.........

maybe we are both in for a better year

Evening said...

Hooray for you!!! I know you will pull off this project just wonderfully and your boss will find he can not possibly run his office without you.
I am happy for you, Emma.
xo