Thursday 27 December 2007

Really Impressed - Not!!

Well I am finally back in the land of living today after missing Christmas and Boxing day with a stinking cold, I started on Monday with a sore throat, which is usually the start for me, I went out Monday night but as the night wore on the cold started to come out, by midnight I was full of it and went home to bed.

After spending all night awake blowing my nose and going through two boxes of tissues in the process I managed to get some sleep about 10am, I slept on and off throughout the day and watched all the soaps later on but was back in bed again for 9pm.

I hardly got up at all yesterday just to eat and drink lots of water, today I got out of bed to go to work and went dizzy so got back into bed.

I could really do without this at the moment if I don't work I don't get paid and all my regular bills will be due out next Tuesday, I hope above all hope I get what they owe me from my last job tomorrow, I don't see why I shouldn't but I haven't had a payslip as yet.

So I know I could be worse but I am feeling sorry for myself today and hoping I feel well enough to go to work tomorrow.

Christmas is nearly over and I have hardly had a drink...lol...I must be drying out not even a bottle of wine.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and enjoyed yourselves, I don't really do Christmas anyway haven't done since my dad died but I didn't want to feel crap either.

21 comments:

Lady in red said...

heres hoping you feel better for work my tap has finally stopped flowing. yesterday I was barking like a sealion but today I'm almost human again intime to dread the emptiness of new years eve when everyone will be partying except me ;-(

hope your new yr is better for you x

Dark Side said...

Lady - Thanks, and glad your feeling better, I will be making up for mine on NYE I will party for you or your could come over here..xx

SIMON said...

Oh Emma so sorry about the cold but more sorry about the no drink!!
How are you expected to have a good christmas without drink New Year will be so good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so sorry to hear that you have been dragged down with awful cold. How miserable for you...

I really do hope that you will be 100% in time for the New Year celebrations! Like you say, you'll have plenty of lost time to make up for, haha.

Feel better soon babe!

Hugs,

LL x

Joe90 said...

I was going to say I hope you had a lovely Christmas, but I won't now.

Here's hoping that your New Year will be much better and far more enjoyable!

kingmagic said...

Hope you get better soon....

KM x

Anonymous said...

Aww I hope you will be feeling better soon!

PC South West said...

Likewise!! me and Mrs S have been ill over Christmas :~(

Elaine Denning said...

Hope you're feeling better, Emma. Here's to a cracking NYE. x

Anonymous said...

yes honey, i hope you 100 percent for you nye, have fun and behave, x

Casdok said...

Hope your feeling better and are able to enjoy the New Year!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oh poor you, I hope you feel better soon. It's rotten, I was like that last year. Hugs and hope you get the cash flow sorted too, BG x

Evening said...

OH EMMA, colds are the worst, aren't they? I have one too. I hope you, start feeling better soon. You need to be well to go out and celebrate New Years Eve.
If I lived closer I would make you some chicken soup.
Sending you hugs.
Get well soon.
xo

Dark Side said...

Si - I am sure I will make up for it..thanks..xx

LL - I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday I am much better today thanks..xx

Joe - I don't go overboard for christmas so I suppose I didn't miss much really..xx

Ally - Thanks x

SW - Hope you and Mrs S are feeling a bit better today and have a fun new year..xx

Miss - Much better thanks, I think the walk in the fresh air did me good yesterday..xx

Wayne - I don't do anything else nowadays..xx

Cas - Thanks, hope you had a good one..xx

BG - Thanks, hope you had a good one too..xx

Reen - I would love some of your chicken soup...xx

Anonymous said...

Christ you have shit taste in music

Dark Side said...

Anon - If you have nothing constructive to say please don't post!!

SIMON said...

Surely Anon has looked at the wrong profile Emma!!

Dark Side said...

Si - Bless you, he won't be back I have deleted anon comments again..xx

Dark Side said...

Ironically Si the only google search at the time he posted was for Don't stop believing, I expected something different for some stupid reason..xx

Cat said...

I had this last week and it was utterly miserable - I actually had to get my mum round on a mercy dash because I felt so awful. It seems to be a keeper too, as I still am not 100%. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Dark Side said...

Cat - I hope you feel better soon darl, I am feeling a lot better now thanks, I kind of get used to the Sinus thing because I have that most of the time but the nose running constantly drives me mad..xx