Thursday 22 November 2007

Preparations for tomorrow

Ok I was full of bull and bluster the other day and now I have to face the hearing tomorrow, I have a colleague who is representing me and I don't think it is going to be very pleasant.

I am not really going to enjoy seeing someone else suffer because of this because above all else I am not naturally a vindictive person and I have always believed in two wrongs not making a right so none of it sits well with me at all, but I know I have to do it for my own good.

One of the agency women yesterday told me not to be surprised if they ask me to retract my resignation because if they find in my favour after a disciplinary hearing I could take them for constructive dismissal.

I have had a letter from my boss today accepting my resignation and agreeing to pay me my lieu time and a weeks notice and also see if I have any holiday pay owing so that kind of tells me they know they are in the wrong.

I have gathered all my evidence together including the first letter I received with the statements in which had been sealed with sellotape, this is the only way I can see a certain staff member knew about the hearing because no one should have known about that unless they had opened the letter. She is also the same person who offered me the money in the first place amd who I tried to keep out of everything.

Done my first shift at the pub today it was ok but not something I want to do all the time but I might just do a few shifts when Landlady gets back if she wants me to.

Playing darts tonight so need another win fingers crossed, I really need to sleep tonight too, not slept at all well since all this happened been awake till gone 3 the last three nights might have a couple of pints tonight in the hope that helps.

6 comments:

SIMON said...

I'm sure you will be fine tomorrow Em go through it all in your mind, go play darts have a few pints and get a good nights sleep.
It'll all flow smoothly tomorrow, it may not be particularly pleasant but you will feel better just because it's over and behind you!
Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Good luck.

Dark Side said...

Si - To be honest all I really want to do is clear my name and have the opportunity to say goodbye to everyone properly after the hearing..xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Awww, Emma, I feel for you right now hun. I can well imagine what a worry this must be for you right now :-(

Once you get tomorrow over and done with, hopefully things will be a little clearer for you and you will at least know where you stand!

I shall be thinking of you too hun AND sending some positive vibes your way ;-)

Look after yourself hun...

We are ALL behind you 100%

Love N Hugs,

Lins xx

Vi said...

Good luck tonight with the darts, and tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. xx

cheekyfaces said...

Good luck hun' x

kingmagic said...

Good luck for tomorrow Emma.

And I hope you did well at darts.

If things get too bad just remember my family motto...

..."Semper In Faciebus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat!"...

which translates as..."We are always in the shit, its just the depth that varies!"

It goes back centuries in my family as far back as the Battle of Hastings when my great ancestor Kingmagicicus the First, shot an arrow in the wrong direction and hit his boss in the eye!