Wednesday 21 November 2007

How did this happen???

I know Guv has already mentioned this on his post today but I just had to comment on it, how on earth in this day and age can this happen?

Do the Revenue and Customs not use a parcel carrier for one thing, but the most astounding part of this is all the information being stored in one place. 25 million peoples names, addresses, national insurance numbers, dates of birth and bank details.

Admittedly the Chairman has resigned but that doesn't solve what has been probably the worlds worst breach of the data protection act which has ever occurred.

I am truly at a loss at what else to say on this subject and just hope above all hope the details haven't got into the wrong hands, imagine if nothing else the effect it would have on the finance industry as a whole, the amount of finance products which are available nowadays with just the above information.

Not to mention the major issue over child protection.

Kind of makes my petty cash borrowing pale into insignificance doesn't it?

8 comments:

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Yeah, I totally agree with you, Emma.

It makes you wonder how much other private information is being leaked out to the general public. It's disgraceful :-(

Grrrr!

Anonymous said...

i have a few friends working there, the police were interviewing all the staff in the post room and loading bay, .... a bit late now,...
useless, no idea....

Anonymous said...

It doesn't affect me and if I am honest it just goes to sure how bloody stupid this country is with our personal information!

Vi said...

holy fuck! Does that mean MY records were on it, since I get child benefit?

Dark Side said...

Lins - Your right! how scary is it?..xx

Wayne - It beggars belief how long it has taken to get it out into the public domain..xx

Ally - Doesn't it just..

Vi - Yep mate fraid so it every child in the country and thier parents..x

Elaine Denning said...

For once I'm actually lost for words.

Lady in red said...

I just know that with my luck I will get hit with this one!

Dark Side said...

Miss - You and me too, the result of this could be so devastating for many people..xx

Lady - I truly hope you don't..xx