Saturday 24 November 2007

24 hours

What a crazy 24 hours it has been, last night I find out that my sister has MS and after speaking to my mum late on I can kind of understand why she didn't want to tell anyone, she decided long ago she didn't want the sympathy vote she wanted people to treat her the same as they ever have,

It does still hurt that she felt she couldn't share this with me, because when I think back I offered to go with her when she had her original MRI scan and she refused and said she wanted to go on her own.

But that's her decision and I have to appreciate that and stick by it.

I haven't spoken to her but I have sent her a text message telling her I love her, not really sure what else to do, but she now knows that I know because mum told her this morning.

I will wait for a time when I know my niece and nephew have gone to bed before I contact her about it and talk to her.

I have also had my disciplinary hearing today which came out with me being let off with a final written warning, I got a text message this morning from my witness telling me she couldn't say anything unless asked to do so.

I went in for 1.55 and put on my best smile for the receptionists and was sent to the room they where holding the hearing in.

I had to listen to what they said and I put my ten penneth worth in about the fact I felt stitched up and also let them know this had gone on in the past, but my main issue was with the staff member who had blurted it out to all and sundry about what was happening to me.

This I do feel will be dealt with as a separate incident so she could well be facing suspension herself from Monday.

After they had told me I would get a final written warning they asked to speak off the record and dismissed my witness, they asked if I had resigned because I felt I would be dismissed and I replied with no I resigned because I felt I couldn't work with these people anymore.

They asked if I would like someone else to gather my stuff together for me and I asked if I could do it myself as I wanted to say goodbye to my staff, that was ok as long as I didn't have a problem with it.

I went downstairs and talked to a few of the staff and was surprised to find out the person who had dropped me in was in fact someone I classed as a friend, typical eh.

They did also tell me if I wanted to retract my notice I would have to write to my boss and he would consider it, even though it was a separate thing they wanted it on record they hadn't asked me to resign.

After I had spoken to some of my staff I left and went to see my old boss, she said there was a job coming up but not for a couple of months, she advised me to retract my notice and look for another job in the meantime.

I am very aware I can't afford to be without a job, so tonight I have done just that, I have explained to my boss why I resigned and also the fact I felt things where coming together as far as my job role goes so we will just have to see what happens from here on in.

I do need the money though so I must admit I have almost sent a pleading letter to him but I have also explained to him reasons for my resignation in the first place and the fact that my staff have supported me through the whole thing makes me want to support them even more.

If none of this makes sense it's because I have just typed this after 8 pints, I started it earlier the BF came round so forgot about it and turned the lappy off....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, you went and told them what the real story was. So what if you then, or what you called a frined stitched you up, its her turn now.
Its easy telling people what to do, but when your the person doing it, its a different story. Well done, look for another job, make sure its their loss. You deserve better. x

SIMON said...

After 8 pints well I'm impressed Em! It's a shame in a way that you can't really afford to be proud in resignation, but Monday could still be interesting couldn't it?
Come uppance is a lovely thing to view in those conditions.
Whatever though you know Wayne is right you deserve so much better!

Vi said...

You did what you had to do, but still go to those interviews you have lined up!

Dark Side said...

Wayne - If and it's a big if I get to keep my job for the time being, the look on her face will be enough satisfaction for me...we will see..x

Si - Lol yes I have read it back this morning think I will blog more often after 8 pints..xx

Vi - In the words of one of my girls yesterday, come back, look for another job and tell them to ram it...so yes I will still go for my interviews..xx

Casdok said...

Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you get to speak to her soon.

Dark Side said...

Cas - Thanks and welcome to my little world..xx

Anonymous said...

First off sorry to hear about your sister not telling you, I think perhaps I can understand why in a way you are upset over it. My own mother hid her renal failure from me for many years until she had to tell me as she was starting home dialysis. I knew something was wrong but she dismissed it all the time and it hurts to feel like a loved one is not telling you something.

I am sure now you and your sister can have some long chats and as her sister and friend no doubt you will offer your support.

I think you did right about the job, after all in this day and age a job is a job and as long as the income comes in to pay the bill it is all that matters. Better also to be in a job and look for another maybe even better than the one you have.

… also is what a good post with 8 pints in you! ;) mind you saying that I find most of my inspiration comes from when I am drunk!

Lady in red said...

I echo everything ^^^^she said

its a funny old world isn't it. this last week ended so differently to the way you expected.

hugs

LiR

Dark Side said...

Ally - I was quite surprised how good that post turned after all that lager...As for my sister I haven't spoken to her yet, I am going to call her tomorrow when the kids will be at school..xx

Lady - Yep what a week eh? I will be glad when it's Monday which I don't say very often...I will also find out of I still have a job tomorrow all being well..xx

Evening said...

I am so sorry your sister is sick and I am sorry you are hurt that she didnt share it with you. Maybe she just couldn't deal with other peoples reactions to it. I am sure it wasn't meant to hurt you Emma. You have such a loving heart. You will be a good support to her.

I hope your job works out whatever way you want it too. It is such a shame you had to deal with this whole mess.

Sending you a great big hug.

xo

Mummy said...

sorry to hear about ur sister and the job dramaramas.