Monday 15 October 2007

Proper Yorkshire Puds

After my hectic Saturday night and Sunday morning, I went to pick my car up from pub and the the landlady and I went shopping, she then had to go to a meeting so I went back to pub made a coffee and settled down to watch Eastenders...

Eastenders hadn't been on long when Mr T arrived he bought me a drink and we went outside for a cig, he was being very suggestive and I had to tell him I had things to do at home.

I am sure he didn't believe me but I couldn't have taken any more..lol.

Landlady came back so we went for our Sunday dinner, this is becoming our ritual and the place we usually go only serves until 4pm and she didn't get back until after that so we had to go somewhere else.

Now I don't know what you lot are like but if I go out for Sunday lunch it has to be as good if not better than I would get at home and the pub we usually go to is all fresh veg's, beautiful beef that melts in your mouth and lots of it, proper roasties, proper yorkie puds and meat gravy.

So yesterday the pub we went too used to be one of the best in the area but it has gone downhill considerably, processed beef, auntie bessie yorkies, possibly her roasties too and bisto gravy.

That one will be well of my menu in the future, they had also run out of free starters and free sweets.

I dropped Landlady back at the pub and went home, I thought I would avoid going back in as Portly Chap was feeling a bit bitter about the way I left the pub on Saturday night, think he sussed what I was up to.

As I got home Mr T was texting again asking if he could come round so I texted back saying he would be no good to me after six hours in the pub and funnily enough didn't hear anymore.

So early night was had instead as knack all on telly.

7 comments:

SIMON said...

Wonderful when Saturday has that affect on Sunday Em!
Pubs that don't pull out all the stops for their Sunday lunch don't deserve the business, especially these days when for one reason or another you spend more time outside than in pubs!!
The next step is just not to go out!!

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Awww, sorry to hear about your disappointing Sunday Roast. Still, at least you'll know to steer clear from that particular place in future!!

Have a great week lovely..

xx

Dark Side said...

Si - Not much change I will stop going out ..lol...I will stick to the usual pub for lunch though in future..xx

Lins - It used to be so good too it's a shame they have decided to cater for a larger less sophisticated market..xx

Gledwood said...

Don't talk about Yorkshire puddings you're making me hungry!

Dark Side said...

Gledwood - Thanks for popping by even if I did make you hungry..x

Vi said...

Sounds like the roast we had on the weekend.. but it was only $5.95, couldn't really complain, but I can't stand overcooked vege!

Dark Side said...

Vi - To be fair I agree you do get what you pay for, the normal pub is much more expensive and yes over cooked veg doesn't go down well with me either.x