Friday 12 October 2007

Night In

Managed to get away from work early today, then sat in traffic for 3/4 hour trying to get home, but now I am here having just eaten fish and chips and catching up on Hollyoaks for the week.

Sad I know but it's one of those that has been a religion since it started.

I have decided I am going to stay in tonight and possibly tomorrow night too, I need to relax and have some me time and I don't do that being in the pub all weekend.

The guys have already started the Friday texts requesting my company tonight but I have turned them all down...lol

I have lager in the fridge and a couple of bottles of Grenache so I will be well away in my own space and surroundings.

I just need to get work out of my head there is a big restructuring programme going on at the moment and some of my girls could end up biting the bullet or at least being moved to another department.

After carrying out studies they believe I am now overloaded with staff and there was me thinking I didn't have enough...oh well it's not my money is it.

I am feeling a bit fragile with it all though I must say at the end of the day I am the earner of the team so if they are looking to cut costs it could well be me that ends up without a job.

I have spoken to my boss today and she assures me that isn't going to happen and it's all in my head but I have been here before so it doesn't sit very well with me.

So chilling this weekend is definitely in order me thinks.

I may have to dabble slightly with Mr T though because a girl still has needs and there is nothing better for stress than a good orgasm....

I have texted Portly Chap and told him I am not out tonight, he thinks it's something he has done but I explained it's actually not about him at all. Why do men think the world revolves around them all the time.

I will probably end up going out tomorrow night for the rugby if nothing else, my landlady friend won't let me stay in while that is on but dancing is back on bbc1 and x factor later so feet up with tv after the rugby.

I will update you tomorrow on whether I have been persuaded to go out or not...

Laters

xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just need our own space to re-charge our batteries... I know the feeling only to well! I seem this week to have spent it running around here here and everywhere and I am feeling the stress and lack of sleep. I hope after this weekend to maybe start to get into a routine and back to normal!

Dark Side said...

Yes I know Alison but friends seem to take it personally for some reason...glad to hear your news by the way congrats and well done..xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

I think it will do you some good to have a couple of night's relaxing in the comfort of your own home :-)

Besides, just think of the money you'll save!

I hope your weekend will be a good one babe...

xx

Dark Side said...

I agree Lins I seem to have been on the go constantly doing something or other for the last four months....need a breather I think..xx

Lady in red said...

just popped in to see if you are still home or have you been persuaded to go out

SIMON said...

I think she's gone out Lady!!
Hey no worries Em it's only the begining of the weekend hey!
You do need some you time though, clear your head of all the work sh*t thats going on!

Take it easy Emma k?

cheekyfaces said...

Absolutely Em, theres nothing like a dabble.

Elaine Denning said...

Some 'me' time with your feet up sounds perfect for a saturday night. Go on...recharge those batteries...you'll feel better for it on Monday morning!

Dark Side said...

Lady - No I didn't give in was in bed by 11pm...lol..alone..x

Si - See if I can stick to it tonight too..xx

Cheeky - Yes I do like one myself..xx

Miss - Yes my batteries are defintely in need of charging..xx

Vi said...

If you are anything like me em, you'll be out tonight after the rugby! ( I would be be have the kids!)

Dark Side said...

Vi - Probably yes, but will try not make it a late night..x