Friday 21 September 2007

Sigh of relief

Last night on the way to darts I noticed the bloody car was running like a bag of nails again, closely followed by the engine management light coming on.....great I thought can things get any worse.

I had just had my mobile disconnected yesterday because I can't afford the bill, crap I know been on contract for 17 years and never missed a payment but hey, that counted for nothing as far as they where concerned. So feeling like I had lost my right arm I dug out a PAYG sim which vodafone had lovingly sent me a few months ago for free.

I could only afford a fiver to put on it and used that in a day, how bloody expensive give me back my contract phone any day, I hate having to think before I make a call how much it is going to cost.

Back to the bloody car, I rang my usual garage this morning only to find the mechanic who has repaired my car for years is leaving and going to work for a big motor dealer, no more cheap repairs from him then. So after speaking to Mr T he rang a mate who agreed to have a look at it for me. I took it this afternoon only to find out the cat had gone on it. Now I am quite naive with cars and didn't realise that I actually had one fitted two months back, so after he had quoted me nearly £200 quid to repair it he asked me if I had had one fitted recently and if so it would be under warranty.

I rang the garage and asked them and sure enough I had one fitted in July after the RAC incident you will probably all remember, 3 1/2hr response time.......

Top and bottom of this is the cat is faulty so they are going to fit me a new one tomorrow under warranty, I will get this bloody phone back on if it kills me...

On another note, you may all need to have a seat for this one.....!!!! I turned down a night out tonight with the lads because I am sat here all cosy, cig in hand, heating on and lager and black on the side, this is the first time since the smoking ban I didn't feel like sitting outside the pub freezing my tits off.

I have had three texts saying if its the money they don't mind paying and yes I am skint but it's the coziness that has got me fixed to the settee oh and the half a dozen cans of carling and bottle of blackcurrant cost me all of £6.

Just to update you all on my oh so interesting love life I have had the it's not you it's me conversation with Mr M this week, he really was getting intense and I really aren't into intense at the moment, especially when he asked the other night what I would say if he asked me to move into his flat......ooops my reply was unfortunately my three bed roomed house wouldn't fit into a two bed roomed flat so it was out of the question.....lol

I think he realised at that point I was not quite as serious about things as he is beginning to get so at this moment in time Mr M and Mr A are probably stood in the pub together comparing notes....I think I can feel my ears burning....

I have also seen Mr T this week twice and he is forfeiting the FB for me on Saturday night so I must be doing something right, he did tell her during the week he didn't want to see her anymore but she kicked off big style about her kids and breaking their hearts.....he doesn't even get on with the kids so that was a shock to him. He says he going to persist with it though now because he really doesn't want it anymore.

I think he has made a rod for his own back because even though he has only seen her a couple of times a week and lent her one he has also been giving her money because she doesn't work and I am not sure if this is what she is going to miss more, he has said he will still give her money though which I think is a bit daft but we will see.

Sorry is this post is a bit of a mismatch but I had so much to tell you all.

6 comments:

SIMON said...

Oh Emma your life doesn't get any easier does it but there does seem to be some silver linings in there.

With you all the way on drinking at home because of the smoking ban.
I did exactly the same the other night after a call from one of my mates said I couldn't make it and went straight across the road for 6 cans of Guinness and an extra pack of cigs!! Had great fun and was like you warm and free to fart and smoke in peace!!

I guess getting your contract phone back may be a priority - have you looked at 3's offers they can be quite good even though their coverage isn't as good!

Thanks for sharing mismatch or not! Keep going Emma, you're doing ok!

Vi said...

Yep, I did the same Wednesday night, and may do the same tonight. This smoking ban has definitely made the pubs quieter.

Don't like the sound of Mr T's FB. Sounds like a hooker to me, him paying her!

Dark Side said...

Si - I now have free weekend calls and texts because I have spent so much on the bloody thing.

It will be interesting to see how many people stay out after rugby tonight too the pubs round here are already feeling the pinch from the smoking ban.

Vi - Yes concerns me slightly too but for all I am always skint I wouldn't rely on a man for anything...lol...ooo another 12 hrs and I can vote again..xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Awwww, it's nice to hear that you spent a cosy night in, Emma. Just think of the money you'll have saved too!

Other than that, it sounds as if you're not having too much luck. Pooh about the phone, but great about the cat on your car still being under warranty. That's *one* bit of good news ;-)

All the best to you hun...

Hugs,

xx

cheekyfaces said...

Bloody modern cars with those engine management lights! Poo........Mines had a light on for a year now..........been on diagnostics machines God knows how many times, I was finally told it would cost about a thousand as it needed an engine strip down........bugger that.......I'll just drive it til it dies thank you very much........chin up doll ;o), things will pick up for you!

Dark Side said...

Thanks Lins..xxx

Cheeky it infuriates you doesn't it? problem with mine was it was running like a bag of nails so had to get it sorted....I nearly sold it two weeks ago too.....arghhh...xx