Sunday 10 February 2008

Decisions decisions!!

It all seems to be happening on the job front at the moment, I am mad busy at work but still don't know if it's going to go on any longer than March, which leaves me with a bit of a predicament, I have applied for quite a few jobs in last couple of weeks, most of which don't have closing dates until the end of the month.

I had a telephone interview for a team managers post on Thursday and got through to the face to face interview stage but I am getting picky I have got used to working 9-5 Monday to Friday and not far from home either and because this is a call centre it's working shifts over 8-8 every day and I really don't want to work weekends or late nights anymore, thankfully most of the jobs I have applied for are the 9-5 variety.

I have also had lots of conversations with marquee man and he seems to be under the impression that I might go back full time, he has offered me a decent package in fact he has offered me a very good package but it is still in the back of my mind that we will fall out, he does know that I aren't making any decisions until at least the event is over which I was taken on to organise, that's the 13th March.

Went to rugby on Friday night, took two coach loads to Warrington, we did get beat but we are so depleted with injuries I have no doubt when the big guns are back we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Went out last night to local not been out for a couple of weeks there so I was treated like a long lost friend, I couldn't believe how much I had been missed, how lovely that crowd are.

Mum goes in for her hip op tomorrow and she is so worried she has never really been in hospital only to have us two so of course she has read all the horror stories imaginable and has terrified herself, the one good thing which came out of me working at a private hospital was I got her sorted with one of the best hip surgeons in the area and yes I am little worried but I have faith in him I just wish she would.

She goes in tomorrow and they operate on Tuesday, all being well she should be home this time next week, so I am going to stay with her for a few days when she comes home just until she settles back in.

12 comments:

kingmagic said...

Glad everything is going well.
Why is your mum going to hospital for Hip Hop? Cant she go to a discotheque?

Seriously though I think she will be pleasantly surprised at the care and expertise she will receive.

People who have not had dealings with hospitals before still have this image of crowded wards and victorian matrons and as you say believe all the hype from the press.

Take it easy...km x

Dark Side said...

Thanks KM, I know have told her that it's the op she is most scared of...xx

SIMON said...

Thought I could sense you over the Penines Emma!!
It is surely good that there is quite a lot of activity on the job front certainly compared to what it was like for a bit before Christmas hey!
Mum's are terrible when they are uncertain but she will be well looked after and hopefully out as expected.
I will still be thinking of you both!

SIMON said...

Oh yes the failed vid on mine was Stealers Wheel, Stuck in the Middle! Sorry you didn't get to see it!

Vi said...

Good luck with you mum, hun, how it all goes well!

Dark Side said...

Si - Yep I was there not too far away from you...xx

Si - Fantastic song by the way..xx

Vi - Thanks...fingers crossed..xx

Anonymous said...

Good Luck for your mum Emma, I am sure she will be fine I shall be thinking of her. My mum goes in for a day op later this month; still you can’t help worrying about them can you! Good luck with the job apps I sure someone will grab you soon!

Wild Cat said...

Hope your Mum's OK x

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I'm way behind on your posts, but I really hope all went well today for your mum, love BG x

Evening said...

Hoping all is going well for your mom.
xo

Whichendbites said...

tell your mum to go a bit careful with the dancing. The hip hop stuff can be a bit dodgy, especially in her condition, perhaps some soft soled shoes should help.Some of the worst horror stories cover that dross they play over the headsets. Take a CD player in for her.

Dark Side said...

Moose - She is coming along nicely thanks been on her feet today..xx

Catz - Thanks she will be fine I am sure..xx

Bendy - Thanks, hope I aren't boring you too much..lol..xx

Reen - She is doing well thanks darling..xx

WB - It seems a little better nowadays, sky tv, internet the lot....the bloody phone costs 49p a minute though so she has sneaked her mobile in..xx