Saturday 5 January 2008

OK So I was bored!!

I have just spent the last few hours playing with my blog, as you can see, I am not sure it it's the finished article because every time I look at it I end up tweaking a colour here and there, your opinions would be appreciated on this one.

I have had such a slowwww week, I have read one book and started reading another and that's just at work, I am so not used to this not being busy all the time, the others just seem to accept it. Another of the jobs I applied for has a closing date of Sunday this weekend so I am hoping I should hear from them this week.

I would love to stay where I am but judging how busy I have not been this week I would think it is highly unlikely, though on saying that my boss has been off this week and returns next week so hopefully he will have lots for me to do on his return.

I gave in today and requested antibiotics from the doctor, because the Christmas cold has now gone to my sinus's where it always goes, if anyone out there is considering the sinus operation consider it very seriously because it hasn't made a bit of difference to me as soon as I get the slightest sniffle their it goes, in fact it might have made things worse because now I also suffer from post nasal drip which I didn't before and that's a bloody nuisance because you have to walk around with a tissue permanently under your nose, what a lovely sight...lol...

Last night we played in a charity darts match for McMillan nurses, our darts chairwoman is currently very very poorly with cancer, we are amazed she has made it this far but we all said we wanted to do something for the wonderful nurses who have been supporting her.

We raised just over £300 pound on the night and we got through to the semi's which was pretty good for us out of 31 teams. I think it was only the fact it was getting late that we kept winning because we all wanted to go home...but at 1am this morning we got knocked out of the semi final by the eventual winners, which didn't make it so bad.

Because of the meds I decided to stay in tonight, plus it's bloody miserable out there tonight.

First friendly of the season at Dewsbury on Sunday, I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it and seeing all the old crowd again.

11 comments:

SIMON said...

Wow it's Purple!! Maybe too purple?
Sorry about the cold hanging around so long but it doesn't stop you fund raising - amazing! Well done.
I'm sure work will be ok when your boss is back, it's such a funny week this!!

Elaine Denning said...

It's not purple, it's pink isn't it?
I like pink!

Happy New Year, Emma. x

Have I said that already?
I'm going slowly crazy, I think.

Anonymous said...

I like it, I love to see a little colour in blog templates! The banner is a bit dodgy Emma if you like I could have a go at creating a a better one for you ;) I do love playing around with my graphics!

BenefitScroungingScum said...

I love pink! I wish I had some, in fact any ability to sort my blog out! Sorry you're still feeling poorly, I hope you feel better really soon x x

kingmagic said...

Its very....pink!

Are you a girly kind of a girl?

Watch the anti-biotics M. Sometimes the side effects are worse than the condition being treated.

Dark Side said...

Si - I am probably getting a bit worried because I have had two very thin weeks money wise, not getting paid when you don't work, I am sure things will be fine..xx

Miss - It's pink, it's purple,..lol..Moosegirl is taking over my blog look out for vast improvements..xx

Moose - It's all yours I can't wait to see the results..xx

Bendy - I am pretty crap too, hence Moose taking over and sorting it for me..xx

KM - Yep a girly girl to a degree I suppose and the anti's I am on make me feel really sick but it's worth it for a week to get rid of the pain in my face, I have had them before and only take them as a last resort...hope your ok?..xx

SIMON said...

MMM it could be pink I suppose, maybe it should be purple!!! Either way it's all woman Em and therefore it's yours to keep!!!

Anonymous said...

Pink's nice, just added a new banner for you Emma! Hope everyone likes it now...

Dark Side said...

Ooo it's great thanks, very readable too, I will let you know when I am ready for a change..lol...xx

Lady in red said...

its great that you were able to do something for the macmillan nurses I found them to be such a great support when I was ill

ps im a girly girl too but still like to be independant cant be the kind of girly girl that can't manage without a man to do things for them.

Dark Side said...

LIR - I will do all I can because they are supporting a lovely lady who sadly won't be with us for much longer..and independant that's me too..xx