Monday 3 December 2007

My first blog




The very first blog I ever read was Tom Reynolds, I found him through his book which I had purchased from Amazon.

I was very quickly gripped by his day to day goings on and looked for more blogs, initially I stayed with emergency service type blogs, like Policeman's Blog, Purpleplus, Paramedics Diary, then I found Vi,.
I haven't been reading that long but things appear in my mind to have got worse as they carry out their daily duties, not Vi....but the others, it was with this in mind and a little inspiration from King that I started this petition, ok I know I might give myself away but at the moment I haven't anything to lose, if I get another job I might have to go private but for the time being I am prepared to stick my neck out to get you all to sign the petition below..

Stabvests

Every day somewhere in this country our NHS ambulance personnel get threatened, abused and often assaulted, by providing stab vests for all this would at least serve as a protection from the ever growing crime wave, which thinks it's par for the course to have a go at the people who are desperately trying to help others.

11 comments:

SIMON said...

It was a pleasure to sign that petition Emma.

Vi said...

ahhh, I was your first 'other' blog AND your 10000 visitor! I'm blessed! I'll definitely sign it, a friend of my works for the ambo's and her partner got stabbed a little while ago while on duty.

IT Barman said...

A great cause. I hope you don't mind but have stolen the link and added to my blog.

Thanks

Elaine Denning said...

Signed and sealed. Well done you....it's a great cause. I hope the powers that be take heed. x

Dark Side said...

Si - Thanks your a star...I think they do provide them in some places but we want them for all..xx

Vi - What is it with me and you?...lol...cyber twins, can't quite remember how I found you but I am glad I did..xx

Miss - I read King's post and it just pisses me off that people can want to harm someone who is helping someone else....thanks for signing..xx

MikeJill said...

Hi Emma, spotted you on Tom's blog...
Signed petition, although I do have a stab vest (one of only a dozen or so issued by our trust to RRV/FRV/RRU people!)They wont issue them to staff generally and now not even to the new FRV/RRV/RRU guys & gals!
Thanks for your concern.
Mike

Dark Side said...

Mike - Your welcome, I really hope it does some good...x

Unknown said...

A great cause Emma, and I've just signed it. Unfortunately, I doubt it will do much good, but it's worth a go.

Regards,
Nick
http://nickhough.blogspot.com

Dark Side said...

Thanks Nick, I really do hope it does some good for all of you...xx

Joe90 said...

It's a very sad world, when those who save lives, those who protect without a thought to themselves, those who serve without any wish for confrontation at all, have to wear body armour.

Admiration, to those people brave enough to wear the green uniform and serve.

Unknown said...

Emma, I'm not one of those fine gentlemen/ladies that this will affect. I'm a Software Engineer, and merely a volunteer with St John Ambulance, and while I do A&E Support with Shropshire Ambulance Service, I'm not likely to be getting a stab vest!

Regards
Nick
http://nickhough.blogspot.com