Tuesday 18 December 2007

Got an interview

The temp job is going well but it is only temporary so I have to keep my options open, I applied for a job working with the team I used to work with in the last job and I have an interview on Thursday at 11am.

I am swotting for this job like never before, I won't go into too much detail other than it is still in the caring industry but it is well paid and only 3 miles from my house travel wise.

The only problem I have is I will have to deal with the senior person who stabbed me in the back in the last job but I will be in a position to tell her what I want rather than her telling me what she is going to do.

I still haven't managed to buy any pressies yet other than my niece and nephews, still got friends and Mum to buy for, Mum says she doesn't want anything but I know she wants the Michael Buble CD so even if that's all she gets this year she will get that.

Friends always buy me so I am going to have to find some money from somewhere to reciprocate, I know you don't give to receive but I will feel dreadful if I don't get them something.

Mum, thankfully has come to the decision on her own that she doesn't want to travel that far on Christmas day and be away from her home comforts.

She did really struggle when I took her out on Saturday, even though we managed to park everywhere in front of where she wanted to be, she wasn't very good getting in and out of the car.

She rang the hospital yesterday and she has been put on the short notice list to have her hip replaced so fingers crossed it won't be too long now, I have made enquiries about wheelchair hire though to get her to rugby if necessary, I tried last season but she wouldn't have it I think she has finally admitted defeat if it means she can still go.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma good luck for the job interview on Thursday… wouldn’t it be so nice to turn the tables on the other woman! Lol ;)

SIMON said...

Oh that sounds like an opportunity to maybe get your own back in time Emma, good luck on Thursday!

I hope also that your Mum's appointment comes through quickly, that'll help everything won't it?

Dark Side said...

Moose - It would be sweet revenge believe you me..xx

Si - Mum being back on her feet would be just great and thanks for the good luck wishes..xx

Dark Side said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine Denning said...

My mum is in a similar situation and it's heartbreakng to watch her deteriorate. Today I'm taking her shopping...last week we went and the plan was to hire a wheelchair, but she still feels too embarrassed. I hope today that she'll change her mind.

kingmagic said...

Good luck for the interview Emma.
Hope it goes well.

Casdok said...

Yes good luck!

A Lighter Life... said...

Awww, all the VERY best for your interview on Thursday. I shall remember to think of you and I will be sending positive vibes your way hun :-D

I should imagine how difficult it may be, the prospect of facing the senior person who chose to stab you in the back, but as you said, at least you will be a position to tell her what you want, and not the other way round. Good luck babe!

As for Christmas pressie's, gawd, I really am terrible at knowing what to buy people. I find it sooo hard....

Also, as you say, WE KNOW that we don't give to receive, but I am the same as you. I just couldn't let someone buy me a gift without returning the kindness. Trouble is, I ALWAYS worry whether I have been too stingy, LOL.

God. I worry too much!

Changing the subject, I really DO hope that your mum receives new of her hip operation soon enough! In the meantime, I wish you and all your family the very best babe.

Let's hope that the year 2008 will be a better year for us ALL :-D

Loadsa hugs,

xxxx

Vi said...

you should try the 'secret santa' thing with your mates. All put names in hat, and just buy for that one person, so you all get a gift, and it doesn't break the bank. Saying that, I say to do that every year, but never have!

And good luck as well!

cheekyfaces said...

I've done lots of work in the care industry, its not easy and often thankless, Good luck babe!!