Monday 19 November 2007

Unemployed

I am officially one of the countries unemployed from today, I sent my notice in at 11am this morning and I haven't had a response but judging by the fact I didn't get a phone call at 2pm when I didn't turn up, I can only assume they have received it.

I am sending it in the post also tomorrow so they will definitely get it then.

I have already got an interview lined up for next week and going to another agency tomorrow to see about another two jobs, I am a little nervous of this because I might have to start panicking soon where the money is coming from.

I have some hours for Landlady next week so that should tie me over for a week at least.

If I am desperate I will have to consider selling my body...lol...instead of giving it away for free as I have got into the habit of.

There does seem to be some decent jobs about though at the moment which I am surprised about, but then I have never really looked properly before, I have just kind of fallen into everything I have done before.

The latest one was the only one I have ever gone all out to get and I got that so hopefully that should stand me in good stead.

I didn't even manage to pull at the weekend either, I must be slacking, shared a taxi with the usual regular two nights on the trot and he went home both nights, I must be losing my touch.....

Stayed in all day yesterday playing bloody Yahtzee on the laptop, I say bloody because I can't stop it I am addicted, it's a good job it's just for fun because it would have cost me a fortune otherwise. I was still playing it 4 this morning because someone kept beating my top score...arghhh, I think I fell asleep with the laptop on my knee in the end.

Then I started again when I woke up, I can see I am going to get a lot of work done in the pub next week if I take it with me as Landlady has suggested.



Update

I have just had a couple of my ex staff on the phone they are gutted and can't believe how badly I have been treat, I didn't tell my best girl last week because I know how much she defends me and I was right, when they got them all in to tell them I had handed in my notice she went balistic by all accounts.

It's nice to know they loved me really. I will keep in touch with a couple of them we are going to go out for a meal when I get another job.

Oh and surprise surprise the whole reception knew I was due in today at 2pm, ironic that that my personal confidential information has got out so easilly.

7 comments:

kingmagic said...

Good luck for the interviews.

SIMON said...

Oh well a new chapter for you Emma, I just hope that the money doesn't run out before the job offers come through, which I'm sure they will btw!
Mind you I have to say if you end up selling your body it will increase your readership here as long as we get to hear all about your punters!!

Seriously good luck for your interviews!!

Vi said...

I ended up playing yahtzee yesterday as well! (but in the pub with real people) Next time we are going to bet for money!

Dark Side said...

KM - Thanks.xx

Si - You will be the first to know if I need a pimp..xx

Vi - Real people! I would get even more competive then I am sure..xx

Lady in red said...

its good to know that some of your staff were good.

good luck with the job search.

Anonymous said...

nice one, you must have pissed them off, good luck with the job interview, just smile, I am sure you will win them over. Well you certaintely left on a big one, the whole company waiting for you to come in and be delt with, you boss must have been working on what to say, and you put in your trump card, suck on that buster, love it, nice one emma, x

Dark Side said...

Lady - Must admit it has just dawned on me this morning what I have done..xx

Wayne - Yes by the sounds of it they still expected me to turn up for the meeting..xx