Wednesday 28 November 2007

It's official

It is now official, received my letter this morning from my boss stating he had accepted by resignation and wanted to state categorically it was nothing to do with the hearing.

If I wish to appeal I need to follow the companies grievance procedure to do so.

Even though I am now unemployed I now realise what kind of company I worked for to treat me like that, well I don't need them I need to be appreciated. It also adds to my own theory of how my job was changing and I could have been out of work by the end of December anyway.

I have been for my interview today and got offered the job straight after to start in January, he did say he thought there was a more suitable role in the company for me and he would pass my CV to that department. In the meantime if I want the one he is offering it's mine.

It was a pleasant surprise to be honest because I wasn't really looking forward to going and the interview was brilliant.

So if nothing else I will have to see if I can get some hours in the pub over Xmas to tide me over.

Last shift tonight this week, Wednesday is a really quiet night normally so should manage an early finish after two nights finishing at 1.30am.

Catch you all tomorrow.......I am also not far off my 10,000 visit so will have to think of someway of celebrating....x

12 comments:

SIMON said...

That all sounds quite good considering!!
I hope you can get all the hours you need to see you through at the pub, I'm sure you will.
Bout time you had some better news, I hope the award was the start of much news of that nature.

Anonymous said...

Well done on the new job! Lots of luck! xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Ooo, that's great news about the new job, Emma :-)

You deserve to go somewhere where you will be appreciated!

Here's hoping the the year 2008 will be YOUR year ;-)

Lots and lots of hugs,

Lins xx

Wild Cat said...

Pleased to hear about the job offer :o) x

Dark Side said...

Si - Thanks, and I meant the acceptance speach you have been a real mate..xx

Alison - I was surprised really how quickly he offered it..xx

Lins - Lets hope so eh? and thanks again..xx

Catz - Thanks to you also..xx

PC South West said...

Well done Emma!! You can have a relaqxing christmas now.

Area Trace No Search said...

Well done lass, I've been hoping it works out.

Also hoping to be your ten thousandth visitor!

Area Trace No Search said...

Well done lass, I've been hoping it works out.

Also hoping to be your ten thousandth visitor!

kiwigirl said...

Hey :)

Congrats on the job - thats brilliant! And I couldn't agree more re not needing to work for a company that could do something like that to you!

x K

Anonymous said...

barstards, had you in for interview even though though they new they had accepted your notice, much better of out of there, good luck with the new job. Ps, now you have time to post some stuff on to me, he he he, xxxx

Elaine Denning said...

That's great news! Well done :)

Vi said...

aaww. see? It all worked out in the end!