Tuesday 5 June 2007

Knackered!!!

Will some one out there please explain to me why I have to throw everything I have into everything I do, I have just broken my neck over the last two days to prove a point, the point that the staff member I am having problems with is not doing her job properly, the same one who introduced herself as the person who knows everything there is to know and is also the best at it all.

I am 40 years old and I still don't know everything and the day I think I do I will give up, I still learn something new everyday so what's the point of getting set in your ways and not trying to move forward.

But after two nearly 12 hours shifts I can now sit back and say yes it is possible if the job is kept up with everyday you can easilly do it in the hours designated. I have done two weeks work in two days as a newbee who doesn't really know anything, just spent a couple of hours working through the system I had picked up all I needed to know to book appointments at least.

I had a phonecall from Oc Health today asking me to clarify what had caused my problems and if I felt we needed to have a chat about it, I said I was OK now but it was good to know her door is open if I just want to have a rant about something...I am really impressed already with this place.

The pedantic staff member is back tomorrow after a couple of days off, she will think a whirlwind has swept through her appointments when she comes in tomorrow, I feel sure though the kind of person she is something will have been done wrong, but as far as I am aware everything has been done as it should have been.

Had to visit docs this morning because I have a blessed water infection, no idea where it has come from, but the amount of times I have had them previously I was aware of it yesterday, while I was there I was telling her about my nose running all the time and I have a sore throat also, she had a look at my throat and said it wasn't sore and then up my nose, so to add insult to injury I now have an infection in my sinus's and apparently I am suffering from post nasal drip, oh great!! so all day today I have been walking around with a tissue attached to my nose to catch the drips, not funny at all.

Off I went to chemist and collected some antibiotics which will apparently cure both, it better do I have not got time to be ill, I have action plans and business plans to write before Friday, so this blog may suffer for a few days because of that.

Oh well, good for you strawberry cheesecake and ice cream for pud I think!!!!

Laters

xx

12 comments:

KT said...

Strawberry cheesecake and ice cream? The diabetic in me is rattled with jealousy... story of my life this week ;-) treat yourself mate xx

Vi said...

There's always a know it all in every workplace, hence I like running my own business. I'M the only know it all thank you very much! lol

SIMON said...

You're obviously that type of person Emma and I'm sure you'll reap the benefits eventually! Don't make yourself ill through doing it you won't get any thanks for it.
Strawberry Cheesecake and Rice Pudding Ummm!?
Take it easy.

Elaine Denning said...

You're like me. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing properly.
As long as you know when to switch off and allow yourself some 'you' time, I think it can be a rewarding way of life!

Cheesecake and Rice Pudding? In the same dish? Wow!

Anonymous said...

everyone is different, its like that for me, i just tell people i work with people with disabilities.

My boss wants to take on someone who is totally deaf, I don't have a problem with that, but now he also wants to take on people from mencap, I said, I thought we had the full quoto already, he had a total complete sence of humour failure.

Ginger toss pot.

Anonymous said...

I do hope you will be feeling better soon xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Sounds like you are horrendously busy right now. Still, it will be worth it in the long run ;-)

I'm sure you'll get on top of everything soon and that the pressure will ease off a little for you.

Hope the antibiotics work their magic on you and that you feel better real soon!

Look after yourself...

Lins xx

Cat said...

I've a bit of a cold too - I think I picked it up on the flying germ capsule that is a plane last week!

Dark Side said...

KT - ate even better today at work, meat pie at lunchtime and ham salad for tea...xx

Vi - I like the challenge of unruly staff it adds to the fun...lol..xx

Wilko - make myself ill? I have my mum on my back daily about the hours I am putting in...ooops..xx

Laney - Switch off? Thats not in my make up and it really should be...xx

Wc - Her only disabilty is her lateness, sickness and the 1/2 a day it takes her to take her makeup off and reapply it....arghhh x

Alison/Lins - Thanks I am sure I will be fine, I am used to the sinus thing suffered with it for a year and a half before op, thought it might have gone by now though...oh well!! xx

Cat - everytime I get off a plane I do so with a cold.....xx

CrazySpanishGirl said...

many bloggers around have been sick lately, including me. Is there any virus around here? :D
I hope you get better soon.

Dark Side said...

CSG - Thanks xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon Emma, I had a horrible bug not so long ago it just refused to go away, grrrrr!
*Hugs*