Friday 29 June 2007

How lucky am I? - Missing Pics and Vids!!

Firstly, I am very lucky, living in one of the towns affected by the floods the most I got was a little water in the back door, no big shakes, wet Holly's food but that's all.

However I have friends who have got total devastation, one friend has a pub it could well put her out of business, she has only just got her electric back on today and I dread to think of the sight of it when I go and see her tonight.

She says all the floors have gone along with all the seating, all her new garden furniture is also ruined her preparation for the no smoking ban coming in, I feel for her so much because she has had it crap since she bought the pub seven years ago, her and her husband bought it together and three months into it he decided to have an affair with a 17 year old and left her a month later.

She could have gone under then but through the support of friends and family we all pulled together to keep her afloat.

This is just devastating and she really doesn't know where she can go from here, month end busiest weekend for the pub and she can't even open the doors.

I will update you further when I have been and seen for myself tonight.

Another friend has had her house decimated they have already been told by the insurance company it will be February before they will be back in it. I feel so sorry for all those affected, but the worse thing is the 28 year old who lost his life on Monday it seems to have affected the whole town it just seems so unfair.

Thankfully all of my friends who have been affected by the floods are insured so at least they will get things sorted, not personal possessions obviously but there are many here who aren't insured because it hit one of the council estates big style.

I am of the opinion though unfortunately Bright House and the likes are going to be inudated over the next few weeks while they all try to replace their 42" Plasma screens.

Cynical I know but it is only the cost of one night out a week to pay for it.

Managed to get a day off today after pleading and begging, I have already worked an extra 30 hours in the three weeks I have been there, crackers I know, but things are getting better now it is starting to settle down.

The house is now spotless after my major clear out and clean out this morning, I couldn't sit among it any longer I'm afraid but after getting in at 9pm most nights the most I have done is jump in the bath and go to bed.

Sky plus is also nearly caught up with and after a visit to the hairdressers this afternoon I realised my roots where shocking so going back in the morning instead.

My lousy last employers have passed on my tax rebate to my new Company so I won't get that back until July, I have been taxed on BR this month so down about £170 quid....ouchh with a weekend in France and a trip on the Ferries in July I will be lucky to eat before I go.

Holly is sorted she always is though enough food in there to feed a cattery for a month....

M is still texting furiously and we also had the most amusing phone sex last night as he was out for the night, it started off with me laughing but once I got into it it was actually quite good and for those of you disapproving out there it was safe and I can't wait to do it again.

He is though getting very intense which is quite scary, but flattering all the same, my text bill will be well up again next month no doubt.

My only worry is I have been sending pics which he isn't receiving so where the hell are they going.......could be embarassing if they get into the wrong hands...

Oh well going to enjoy my weekend off and look forward to some me time which I have been sadly lacking in the last four weeks....

4 comments:

SIMON said...

You well deserve your 'me' time Emma oh and the phone sex! Certainly one of the more fortunate ones over the peninnes though. Hope your friends pub isn't that bad.
Have a good weekend.

KT said...

Mate what can I say? I wondered what them photos were.... ;-)

Don't talk to me about intense, i've just been a complete spanner and called a ceasefire for fear of not knowing my heart and for fear that I hurt him when actually it would break my heart to lose him.... Now where is my therapist's phone number again...

Enjoy the rugby-less weekend and a well earned break!! xxx

SIMON said...

Oh Emma I got some pics on my phone. Ummmh. Is that really you? Wow look at that one. Holy cow Emma how do you do that? Ummmmm that's got to hurt. No but my you're gorgeous!!!

Dark Side said...

Ok Wilko - very funny...lol...obviously not me though the gorgeous bit gave it away...xx

KT - Your mad but then you know that anyway....you also know your therapist is on the other end of a phone line....xx