Saturday 9 June 2007

Do as I say not as I do!!

Road Safety Campaign Officer, I am utterly disgusted by this, living in the area where this has happened this officer is never off local TV, everytime their is a anything drink or safety related their he is preaching.

You have to ask yourself is this 51 one year old officer really as green as he is making out, or did he think he would "get away with it"?

To state yesterday afternoon that he didn't realise he had had over the limit to drink is truly disgraceful, I am sure if I look back far enough he will have said at some point or other that even one is too much.

Good on the officer who didn't bow down to him when asked to leave it alone, I am not saying I haven't done it myself but it was a very long time ago in the days when the local bobbies advised you to keep to the back roads.

But it his position in the local community that will constantly pull into question anything and everything Humberside Police try to promote from now on.

Why oh why does this police force only ever hit the headlines because of someone's ignorance or just plain arrogance is beyond me totally.

The police in general suffer so much flack for their alledged misdemeanors in this country and the majority of the time I will support them 100% when they are put in the firing line unnecesarily but I am sorry this Officer has brought the whole force into disrepute in a way which will take a lot of repairing.....

Rant Over!!!

10 comments:

PC South West said...

Emma this officer has let us all down big time. I would not have even thought twice about arresting him myself in this situation.
I think we should remember that he was acting as a member of the public and not as a police officer. He should be ashamed of himself for putting others at risk and for his hypocrisy.
It is about time the alcohol limit to drive should be reduced to zero.

Dark Side said...

I agree totally SW, it would be all the same if he had hit an innocent party in the process.

In tonights paper one of his main lines has been all drink drivers are killers.

It really is beyond me, like I said in the post I am usually a big supporter of the services as a whole but not this time..xx

Vi said...

Emma, I'm a big supporter of the met police in this country, as they were absolutely fabulous with me when I had to get arrested for abducting my own children. And Mr P is a police officer, and a great one at that. But they are human, and there are some twats out there. Even Mr P says there are a lot of cops out there who are only in the job for a power trip. Sounds like a bit like this guy. Main thing is, he got caught, he got punished. So the police are doing there job.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmma hope this helps

Go into Blogger Dashboard
Select Layout
Click edit on Blog Posts
Then under Select Items you will see Comments. Delete this and add your own words
I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with xx

SIMON said...

It is an absolute disgrace but it's good that he at least got a driving ban. However the very suggestion that he wanted it covered up should be the immediate sack from his high level within the community. An internal enquiry will only lead to more shouts of corruption and will only clear him of any misdeameanour. He will probably end up side ways promoted so it doesn't affect his pension!

Yeah for zero limit for alcohol.

The guys are up bright and early in The Gutter, Emma.

PC South West said...

In my force it is the sack for drink driving!!

Midnight said...

Do as I say not as I do?

I think not!

Always one bad apple though.

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Elaine Denning said...

I'm so glad this wasn't overlooked, and he paid the price.

Hope you're not working yourself too hard up there!

Dark Side said...

Laney!! What ever do you mean? lol, yep I suppose I am but things will get better and I am enjoying it...xx