Thursday 10 May 2007

Poorly Puss Cat



Holly is poorly as you can see from the pic she is very pissed off about it, she has women's problems the poor thing.

After a few days of squatting in corners I took her to the vets this morning. She is quite prone to these things and does seem to get them from stress.

She went in the Kennels at the weekend so I can only think it has been too noisy for her.

She is so quiet though not even really ventured outside, hence the window sill pic. I feel so helpless when she is like this because they can't tell us how they feel, but I can imagine she has tummy ache as we would if we had a water infection.

I am a little worried now about what to do with her when I go into hospital next week, I am tempted to leave her here and let my friend come in and tend to her, it turns out quite expensive when she goes in the kennels just short of £100 quid today to sort her, so mummy is now skint.....lol.

I have also been to Doctor's this afternoon and he has signed me off until the 28th, spoke to boss this morning and that is what she advised, so I am free to start work with my two black eyes on the 4th June.

Just sat this afternoon and completed my medical report for the hospital, how much info so they need nowadays, I have had to list all my operations and admissions which there have been quite a few over the years, haven't they heard of notes??? I am sure I will have some dates wrong, but hey!

Right off I go to darts and see if we can win this week after losing 8-1 last week.....

xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Holly... it's awful when our pets get sick! I always just give Alfie extra TLC and a blanket...

I think leaving her at home will be fine, Alfie always stay at home when I go on holiday, this years trip to Sweden for 13 days is going to be the longest I have left him. However my parents live over the road so they come over and take care of it. They would have but there Corgi didn't take kindly to Alfie arriving three years ago! lol

I couldn't put him in kennals, he'd more than likely eat the kennal hands alive!

Elaine Denning said...

One of my cats has been to the vets twice in two months. The first time cost £60, the second time £100. And all because he was fighting.
Grrrrrrr!!

Vi said...

Pet plan, Emma, get it! Poor little pussy :(

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I have PP for Alfie... and they currently have a good sign up off two months free!

Dark Side said...

Thanks for all your kind words for Holly, she is covered by PDSA but is exempt from her water works because she had it when she was tiny....

Sods law eh?

Oh and talking of pussies...lol...Vi need to check you out now xx

tm said...

EMMA, I am wishing you a speedy recovery and a surgery that goes very smoothly. And better days ahead for Holly too.
xo
TME

Poison-Dwarf said...

I echo those sentiments :o)

Dark Side said...

Thanks TME and ASW xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Awww, sweet Holly - it's miserable to watch our pets when they are ill. Especially if there's nothing you can actually *do*.

At least she's had a check-over at the vets. I guess you now have to just sit it out and let her get better on her own terms.

Personally, I think it's best if you are able to leave her at home when you have to go into hospital. At least she will be in familiar surroundings and shouldn't then feel uncomfortable like she may feel if going into a cattery/kennels, etc.

Changing the subject, I'm glad to hear that you've been to see your GP and that you now have your sick note sorted out. At least work is one thing less to worry about for the time being and you can now focus on your op and recovery!

As for the medical report, I really do sympathise with you when it comes to all the paper work! That's what annoys me about seeing different Psychiatrists, etc. You ALWAYS have to go over EVERYTHING again. Sometimes you just feel like you are forever repeating yourself, lol.

Like you said, don't these people have *notes*? Still, I guess it's just an excuse for them to create yet more paperwork!!!

Hope your darts match went well and that you and your team managed to get back on a winning streak.

Hugs,

Lins xx

PS: What part of Yorkshire do you live in? The folks and I lived up in South Yorkshire for many years....

Dark Side said...

Lins I will email you later xx

CrazySpanishGirl said...

Sorry for little Holy. It's frustrating not to be able to tell her "everything will be all right" and all that stuff. All you can do is wait.

My sweet cat loves us, but hates vets. Last time it took 45 minutes for 2 shots. She was sedated, but still, she defended herself and the vet ended up bleeding. No kidding. She suffered a lot. Now we don't know what to do. If she has such a bad time, maybe she shouldn't get her shots, but then she may get sick.... I'm not sure what to do, but I can't watch that again.

Dark Side said...

Holly is good with the vet fortunately she has had the same one since she was 8 weeks old, but it's crap when you can't do anything for them other than shout to get out from behind the tv, thank goodness for laminate flooring..lol xx