Wednesday 2 May 2007

Grey Day!!

Had quite a non day today, my sicknote ran out at work today and I am amazed no one has picked up the phone and rang me still after five weeks.

I will probably get one of those AWOL letters tomorrow even though my Doctor is on holiday until next week so not much I can do about it.

My plan at the moment is to see how the job interview goes and if it goes ok go back to work to work my notice to get me back into the working environment if nothing else, sounds selfish but in all honesty I really don't feel I owe them anything anymore.

If I don't get this other job I will have to think again, might just resign and go temping for a bit to take some pressure off, yes that sounds like a plan.

I have been reading all your blogs today about beautiful sunshine...lol...welcome to the east coast of England a lovely sea fret today and bloody freezing. That doesn't make you feel any better when you wake up to grey skies.

My 2nd interview has now been moved back to Friday after being brought forward from Friday to Thursday, I will spend tomorrow gleaning as much information as possible about the Company so I can charm them with my knowledge, wit and enthusiasm, well at least try to :P

Oh crap!! Just looked up and Sky Plus should be recording The Bill and for some reason the little red (r) is lit up but the red dot on the box isn't, ooo the wonders of technology and yes I am sad.

I am just settling down to watch the Apprentice shortly, I don't know if any of you are watching this but I think this time it is the worst they have been. These people have come from very well paid occupations to take part in this and I wouldn't let most of them loose to remember to feed Holly.

How scary is it watching them trying to be Project Managers when they obviously haven't got a clue. How any of them have managed as long as they have in their chosen occupations I really don't know.

Anyway rant over I best sort the sky plus box out......Speak soon xx

Note to self - Remember to preview, saves excess editing!!

3 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

I've just applied for a job....

I haven't watched this series of the Apprentice... I do like it though. Did you see the one for comic relief? It was unbelevable!

Dark Side said...

Well dome miss what is the job? Having watched last nights Apprentice it was worse then I described earlier.

The comic relief one was probably the best of the lot.xx

funny sparky said...

I think this bunch on the Apprentice are dire, I have worked in offices with some really good people and done project management work with them, miles away from this bunch, its not really even good viewing. I also cannot believe the way they speak in the boardroom, I have worked for some big organisations and never, have I ever seen such rudeness as on that programme, they are terrible