Wednesday 25 April 2007

Job Interview

Well here goes folks update on today's interview, after a very sleepness night going through what I should do about my dirty secret I decided to call the Agency and be honest with them, they advised me not to mention it at this stage and to just go in and sell myself with the hope I could get a second interview.

The morning started ok, got myself all spruced up set off believing I had left plenty of time to get there only to not take into consideration the bloody railway lines.

Anyway thanks to getting held up with the train I walked in bang on time for my interview, fortunately the person I was seeing had run slightly over in a meeting so it didn't look to glaringly obvious.

After all my work last night I found it the most pleasant interview I have ever been in, it was quite informal but informed at the same time, I had prepped myself with different scenarios in my head, ones which I would probably ask had I been interviewing someone myself.

Everytime I was asked a question I brought up one of the scenarios and how I had dealt with it. The interview went on for 1 1/2 hrs but was so relaxed and friendly I almost felt like I was sat chatting with a friend. I loved it and realised even more so that I am defintely in the wrong job.

On the way out, one of the people who interviewed me informed me I had interviewed very well, he also said he doesn't like to paint a rosy picture that the job was full of challenges and I seemed like the kind of person who relished a challenge also that I was the kind of person he was looking for. (Must have done something right).

I bounced out back to my tigger days which I thought I had forgotten I rang everyone furiously from the car park including my therapist to inform them of how things had gone.

On the way home my mobile rang and it was the Agency asking me how it had gone, so off I went again bouncing along about how well I thought it had gone how I was nervous about my dirty little secret coming out when she announced in the midst of my hysteria that I had been asked back for a second interview and after that point should they offer me the position she would tell them my secret in the hope that they would have fallen in love with me so much that it won't make any difference.

It is a job I would love to do it sounds great, no high pressure selling for a start.

If nothing else comes of this from the second interview no one can take away the feeling I had today being back in the real world, oozing confidence and someone listening to what I was saying and obviously impressed with what I was saying.

Welcome back Tigger you have been a long time coming but I knew you where still in there somewhere.......

2 comments:

TotallyUn-Pc said...

Thanks for you comment, was nice to hear from you again....


good luck with the job.,... keep me posted.

Dark Side said...

Thanks for yours too, I am getting a little too excited over this job I really need to calm myself down.

:) but excited is good it is something I haven't felt for a long time xx