Tuesday 24 April 2007

Job Interview Tomorrow

Ok, not sure how I bluffed this one but believe you me there is a lot more bluffing to do tomorrow.

After 8 weeks of counselling I have now established that the route of my depression is actually work related.

Without naming names I work for a very large financial services provider in a very presurised selling environment based on hitting targets, which in all honesty can't be achieved without disturbing the work/life balance considerably.

With working for a large company everything has to be written up and double written up in evidence of everything you do. I have always been a practical person, prefer to get things done then to spout off to everyone around I have done it.

I have also been awaiting a regrade in my present position for the last year that has been put back and put back until I have become totally disheartened by the whole thing, there is only so much rejection I can take without becoming unprofessional.

The annoying part of it is I am capable of so much more but they won't recognise it without reams and reams of reports to back it up.

I applied for this job totally on the spur of the moment, in fact I didn't apply for the job they are interviewing me for I applied for a lower down scale job and after seeing my CV (must be good at putting something in writing) they offered me an interview for the Department Manager's job instead.

I have received the job description tonight for which I tick all the boxes and more, I have done quite a bit of research tonight on the company involved and also completed a new SWOT analysis on myself and wrote out how I am going to inform them I have been off sick.

I chose not to tell the agency who are sending me for fear that the company concerned would not even consider me for a job I am very capable of doing, I chose to try and get the interviewer onside by testing my own people skills to the full.

I could not even bring it up at all but I know I have to be honest with him as I do with myself, it will be quite wierd discussing this with a total stranger which is as much a test for me as anything else.

For any of you out there that do pass my way by chance this job is in the caring industry which I find quite ironic after a previous post on here.

Oh well please wish me luck and hope that I at least get the interview after I have disclosed my dirty little secret....

I will update you tomorrow when I return either way..

3 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

Good luck Emma.....hope it goes well for you.

I've just read all of your archives and am amazed at how many similarities there are between us. I have been EXACTLY where you are now...in fact I am still battling it to some extent, and it's been 2 years. (I blame myself for that, for not dealing with it sooner and burying my head in the sand.)

I gave up a management position I wasn't happy in...but I still don't know what I want to do with myself!

If you ever want a chat about anything, feel free to email me. x

Anonymous said...

Wishing you lots of luck for your job interview... :)

Dark Side said...

Miss U

Thanks for your lovely comments I will update you later on how it went. I have emailed you also.

xx

Alison

Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated.

xx