Sunday 23 March 2008

Confession time

Ok, I will admit to being a little quiet on the blog post front recently and along with work I have had other complications. LiR wasn't far off the mark I suppose, I have kind of been seeing someone for a while now but in all honesty it's nothing really more than friends, he doesn't really float my boat but he is besotted with me.

We do share quite a lot of interests but that's about where it ends. He knows the score and doesn't put pressure on me, but a few weeks ago things started to get complicated when I very unexpectedly met someone else, I won't go into too much detail how we met, but it was one of those instantaneous moments that don't happen very often.

I don't want to hurt anyone and he also has someone, though he doesn't live with her, the only thing we have done is flirt outrageously but it's definitely there for both of us.

It may well not go anywhere and in all honesty I could avoid him if I wanted to because of how I met him, I could just avoid the place where I met him but I don't want to and keep finding every opportunity I can to see him.

Nothing has been discussed we haven't even mentioned going out and because of where I met him it could just be his patter, but when I went to see him yesterday his eyes lit up when I walked in and I am sure we both feel the same.

But, what do I do? Do I go for broke and suggest we meet, or do I just admire him from afar. Like I say I don't need to see him if I don't want to but I am even dreaming of him now.

He is everything I look for, good looking, 46, funny and I can talk to him about anything and everything. He listens judging by the questions he asks me when he sees me, always asks after mum and she has only been mentioned once. This is crackers I don't have feelings like this. The other one just pales into total insignificance. So do I pursue this or just treat it as another got one that got away??..

Read more on the private blog..

11 comments:

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oooh, tricky one. I've not seen your private blog so I don't know what else there is to this, but I always go with the 'only get one life' attitude. Good luck! BG x

Dark Side said...

Bendy - Me to...you not got an invite to private? I did send you one..xx

Vi said...

ooo, honey, danger danger. Try and stay clear of the ones already taken! You just end up getting hurt. I know, it's so frustrating that the good ones are taken!

Dark Side said...

Vi - That's exactly what my head is telling me..xx

kingmagic said...

emma...softly, softly catchy monkey.
Just see how it goes.
Things for a reason and all that!
Take it east...km xx

kingmagic said...

That should have been take it easy not east.
My man flu is getting in the way of my typing.
xx

Dark Side said...

KM - Bless you, hope you feel better soon, things for a reason yes I hope so..xx

Lady in red said...

don't settle for second best you deserve the best which isn't necessarily this new guy. There could be somone else around the corner for you, this is just showing you that you don't have to settle for what you have.

Dark Side said...

LiR - I won't settle for second best, GM is just a mate really and the other well we will just have to see..xx

Sarah said...

I think he hasn't mentioned anything because he's with someone else. Sometimes when it rains men, none of them are for you!

Utter Basketcase said...

Hello :-) I've been away due to a pc virus but I'm back now and am catching up on everyones posts so forgive me for the late comments.

Wow these situations are tough, I'm sure you may have already done something about it by now (maybe) but in my opinion, you find love in the craziets places! I don't think you should ignore your feelings because he very well may be the one! But in saying that, if there is another woman involved with him, you guys should go about it the right way and end it with the others first to avoid hurting anyone.

If it feels right, go for it! :-) xx