Thursday 8 November 2007

Doesn't it always happen

Been to the opticians this morning for my contact lenses check up and everything is all ok, at present though I only use one lens but I now need to get used to two.

I called in Primark whilst in Town and found a really lovely pair of cropped trousers for £4.00 but there must have been about 30 people in the queue to be served.

Some of you may remember the social anxiety I suffered as part of my depression, well I am ok with going out now as long as there aren't too many crowds but the one thing I can't do still and probably never will is stand in queues, I am bad enough in Supermarket's when there are only a few people in front of me but the thought of having to stand in a queue of 30 plus people just puts the fear of god in me, so the trousers where hung up again and I left.

I had a wander around a few other shops then got in the car and called to see landlady for a cup of coffee, bless her she never makes any money out of me.

Now I have come home taken out my lenses and put my glasses on and guess what the nose piece has just dropped off my glasses, so back to the opticians tomorrow to get them repaired, it couldn't have happened while I was there could it?

Thankfully Vision Express are very good with breakages and damage so they should just repair them for me fairly quickly.

I did though pop into Mark One and bought a pair of cords and a cardigan which I don't like so I need to go back in tomorrow anyway.

Darts tonight and we really need to win, we have lost four weeks in the trot and it's just not funny anymore.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to sort some new glasses I am finding contact lenses are beginning to irritate my eyes! Sadly I do have a paid of specs but with one lens missing since Alfie jumped on them three weeks ago!

Vi said...

Now YOU are the typical female shopper, buy something, take it home don't like it, and return the next day! lol!

Dark Side said...

Alison - I have never worn my lenses full time I only really wear them when I go out because I am too vain..lol..x

Vi said...

Oh and good luck with darts tonight! Fingers crossed for you!

Dark Side said...

Vi - I am always doing it, it's because I don't really need anything, it's only the top I am taking back I love the cords..x

Dark Side said...

Vi - We keep posting at the same time..lol...thanks for the good luck we have roped in two of our better players for tonight in the hope we will win..x

SIMON said...

Not going to comment on womens shopping habits......no I'm not

Hope the darts go right for you tonight Em!

Elaine Denning said...

Next time there's a big queue, grab the trousers and then go to the second person in the queue and say really nicely - "here's the money, can you pay for them for me? I think I'm gonna be sick." And then look all queasy. I'd do it for someone! LoL. x

Dark Side said...

Si - I don't know what you mean!! xx

Miss - That's a good idea, I wouldn't have to fake it though because after a couple of minutes I would be sweating buckets, will try again today when I take the top back I bought yesterday..xx