Saturday 20 October 2007

Move around

Thanks Miss U, for the suggestion of moving furniture, as soon as I read your post you got me thinking I haven't changed anything around since I moved in a year ago, so after taking Holly to the vets again!! her waterworks, what is it with plumbing in this house?

I called into my favourite shoe shop in serious need of new boots, well not really seriously just the woman thing and my friend had rung the other day to say she had some new stock in.

So two pairs of boots, a pair of going out shoes and a new handbag all now put away until payday I came home.

I have an exercise machine which I bought about six months ago, it's never moved since I bought it, why did I do that? It has just been sat gathering dust behind the settee in all that time so I decided to move it upstairs, not an easy feat believe you me, but once you have set off with it and started up the stairs there is not a lot you can do short of dropping it and falling down the stairs, thankfully I managed to get it up in one piece and it is now stored gathering dust in the back bedroom.

I really ought to sell it or even better set it up upstairs and use it...arghh that's a novel idea!

So back downstairs and everything else is now moved around, the one thing I had always wanted to do was put my TV through my stereo, I know to the men out there it is probably easy but to this mere woman I didn't have a clue how to do it.

But I have persevered and now we have increased stereo sound, I might have to invest in a surround sound now too.

The next one is my bedroom but not sure where to put everything up there, I will have a go later, this could be fun though because I have a big wardrobe fitment which is going to be a twat to move and the bed needs to go on that wall.

If you never hear from me again you know the wardrobe has landed on me...lol...wish me luck!!

Update: I am still in one piece and the bedroom looks lovely, the wardrobe was a twat and in all honesty it won't take another move, it's a bit rocky now.

The only problem I have is the sky isn't playing upstairs but I am sure that will fix itself.

Off to pub now to watch the rugby, then home to watch my great sounding telly..lol..
xx

13 comments:

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Ooo, sounds as you have been busy humping furniture about. Watch your back ;-)

Still, it sounds as if you are pleased with the end result. It does you good to change things around every now and then doesn't it?

Anyway, enjoy your evening!

xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an eventful day for you, do you fancy coming to do some hoovering and cleaning for me, I don't have the energy the clean right now...

cheekyfaces said...

All worth while though once its done eh?

Lady in red said...

I could do with some rearranging too

Dark Side said...

Lins - Yep the back is not too good this morning...xx

Alison - I find it's one of the best ways of having a real good clean up, moving furniture...as you will know having Alfie they create a lot of hair which seems to hide somewhere...xx

Cheeky - Yes it is apart from trying to sleep last night in a bed which had the centre posts missing, all sorted now though..xx

Lady - Rearranging what? xx

Anonymous said...

get on the machine, it will do you good, x or take some pics, xxx, emmmm,

Vi said...

can you come do my house next? Oh and tiey up while you are there.

Dark Side said...

Wayne - Been on it today..lol..x

Vi - Yep no probs..xx

Area Trace No Search said...

Definitely be careful with the back, mine is dodgy after years of abuse.

I've linked to you, just wanted to say I'm enjoying trawling through your blog archives... when I should be in bed.

Dark Side said...

Area - Back not too bad today, thanks for visiting, I enjoy yours too you write as you see it and that's the best..xx

SIMON said...

Humping can do wonders for the back as well, oh I've just realised you were humping furniture! Saw this in Dublin and thought is it like Anne Summers?!

Evening said...

Sometimes it's nice to have a change of view, isn't it?

Dark Side said...

Lol Si I like it, as for humping none of that for over a week...xx

Evening - Yes it is isn't it, I love my new look..xx