Monday 7 May 2007

Resignation

Well after sleeping the day away yesterday after not getting back from Wales until the early hours of Sunday morning, I got up bouncing again and decided I was going to have a positive day.

So at 8am this morning I got up and typed my resignation, texted one of my colleagues to see if the boss was in and she was.

After breakfast, 3 cups of coffee and a shower, I set off in search of Navy shoes, new uniform see..

Anyway my feet don't do shoes well, I am a boots, trainers and flip flops girl, sometimes the odd pair of slingbacks but full shoes just never feel comfortable for some reason, but the new job requires full shoes at least at the front, so off I trundled to my fave factory shoe shop, which a friend just happens to be the Manager of, women and shoes eh??.

About an hour later after a catch up chat I walked out with one pair of navy shoes, one pair of pink slingbacks, one pair of really soft toe posts, navy handbag and a purse to match for less than £60, what a bargain and everything but the bag is leather.

After arranging to go and see the boss about lunchtime I called to see a friend on the way and didn't end up getting into work until 3pm.

I walked through the door at work and stood in the doorway and shook from head to foot, wow that was strange, all the girls came running to me throwing arms round me and I was like err hang on that's a bit too much.

Sat a boss's desk and she told me how well I looked, so I dropped the bombshell that I had some bad news and could we go in an office, we ended up in the canteen on our own so coffee in hand, (needed the caffeine after the shakes)...lol...I went into great detail of what I had done and why I had done it, I have always got on really well with my boss and she was gutted to say the least but so pleased for me, we even had TME's smiley tears, but it was lovely and she was genuinely happy for me.

I then came back out on to the floor and told all my kids that where in today, so more smiley tears appeared.

I have arranged to go back to work from Friday hopefully on a phased return in the first week, I dare not go back full time immediately think I would collapse of exhaustion...

So Wednesday is therapy day and Thursday I am back at Doctors and Friday is D Day it will be really strange seeing all those people again there was only about 20 in today and there is usually about 70.....arghhhhhhh.

But I feel ready to face the world though someone may have to hold me up when I walk through the door.

After I left I went back to friends for tea and all in all it's been a lovely day...

7 comments:

Elaine Denning said...

I'm a boots, trainers and flip flops girl too!

Can I wear boots to an interview in May?

I'm glad it all went well with your boss. It sounds like you're going to be missed...

(I owe you an email...it's coming!)

Dark Side said...

Ooo have you got an interview? Great news xx

CrazySpanishGirl said...

what a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Give me a pair of flip flops any day of the week! ;)

Well done on braving work and handing in your notice... you did well!

Dark Side said...

Thanks Allison, I have buzzed again all day today...xx

Poison-Dwarf said...

Trainers & boots, I can relate to that, oh yes indeedy!

Dark Side said...

Does this make us all lazy, or have our feet had too much of stupid heels in our youth?? xx