Wednesday 9 May 2007

Life begins!!!

Ok who ever said that life begins at 40 wants shooting, shortly before my 40th birthday I was diagnosed with chronic sinisitus, had a breast cancer scare and had various womens problems to do with downstairs, then to top it off a septic socket after having a tooth removed closely followed by my depression.

Well I am pleased to say that the breast cancer scare was fine, the various women's problems where sorted with a small op, the septic socket was the most painful thing I have ever gone through, I am coming out of the other side of the depression, so what was left.

I received a phone call today from a Private Hospital, ironically not the one I am going to work at.

I am booked to go in for my sinus surgery, on wait for it the 15th May, like err next Tuesday, so back to panic mode... I have been waiting for this surgery for 7 months and I can't believe they now want me in, three weeks before I am due to start new job.

So the first phone call was to the new boss to ask if he thought I should do it or put it off, he was very understanding and said go for it, next was to existing boss she was in a meeting, she finally called me back a few minutes ago and was brilliant, told me to go and get myself signed off until I start my new job and get it done. (Off the record of course)

So after all my stress of the last few weeks now I am panicking like mad over the operation, yes I admit to being a bit scared also....will be glad of the ipod at least.

I also saw my therapist today and had a very relaxing session, she asked if I felt ready to cut ties and I said no defintely not yet, I won't go so often but it is nice to know she is still there if I need her.

Oh and Holly is poorly so we have a visit to the vets in the morning, closely followed by my doctors appointment, like I said yesterday I am too busy to work at the moment.

Laters

xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well great news about getting the appointment at least now you don't have to worry about going back to work and can concentrate on getting your op and getting better for that new job!

Dark Side said...

Alison, - I am just hoping there are no more surprises to come..lol..xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Hi Emma,

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment over at my place :-)

I see that you have kindly added a link to my blog on your page so I have returned the favour and added your blog to my list of *links*.

It's great news that you now have a date for your op and thoroughly understandable to hear that you are feeling scared. This is only natural, but I am sure you will be fine!

Like Alison said, at least you don't have to worry about returning to work. You can now just concentrate on the op and your recovery before you have to start your new job ;-)

Sorry to hear about Holly, being poorly, is she a cat, dog or something else? LOL.

I do hope it's nothing serious though!

xx

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Okay, scrap the question about Holly, lol.

Having just scrolled down your page, I came across a post about Holly - your *Cat*.

She looks adorable!

Elaine Denning said...

Life has this way of throwing hundreds of things at us, all at once.
I'm sure the surgery will be absolutley fine....at least you can get it out of the way and concentrate on your new job.

Do you have to stay in hospital or is it a day case?

Dark Side said...

Miss - I have to stay in overnight, ooo I am so nervous...

TFTF - Thanks for your words of encouragement and yes Holly is a poorly cat, just cost me a fortune at Vets this morning :(, oh well she is worth it and will be better soon, she's a woman gets water infections she is insured but because she had one when she was tiny they aren't covered..arghhhh