Thursday 24 May 2007

Did You Ever Love Somebody??

Did you ever love somebody?
But thought they didn’t care.
Did you ever feel like crying?
But knew you’d get nowhere .

Did you ever shed a tear?
Not wanting them to go.
Did you ever think “I love you"
But never let them know.

Did you ever lie awake in misery?
And thought you’d go insane.
Nothing in this whole wide world,
Can cause you so much pain.

If I could choose between love and death,
I think I’d rather die.
Love is great, but with the pain,
The price you pay is high.

So don’t you ever fall in love.
You’ll get hurt before you’re through.
You see, my darling, I ought to know.
I fell in love with you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I know it sounds stupid & everything but after being with someone for a year & friends before that, for things to be finished like he finished them & although the post was slightly tongue in cheek on my blog, your post describes exactly how I feel at the moment

SIMON said...

Well I tell you what Emma, that's really really lovely.
I can 'do' most of that, the love, the pain and the really not knowing what to say, like right about now.
You are quite a find and I'm going to have a little lurk through your older posts to catch up. I'll be very gentle, I promise!

Poison-Dwarf said...

Thats really nice.

Too Fat To Fly... said...

Did you write that yourself Emma?

Either way, it's beautiful!!

xx

Vi said...

Sweet!!!!!!

Dark Side said...

Gnd - I am pleased you like it, it was written at the kind of moment you are going through now..x

Wilko - Thanks, my archives may look a little bleak but I am coming around again now..xx

Thanks asw and yes TFTF it's all my own and their are quite a few more where that came from, most of them quite sad because it's what I turn too in sad times...

Thanks Vi - You sparked me off with the other..xx

Elaine Denning said...

This was lovely!

And yes...love is a bummer.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE BEING REPORTED FOR STLEAING A COPYRIGHTED SONG FROM THE ARTIST SARA WOODS OF ATHENS TX. SHE RECORDED AND SINGED THAT SONG IN 2002. IT WAS COPYRIGHTED.

Anonymous said...

MY DAUGHTER WROTE A SONG CALLED "DID YOU EVER" AND ALL THESE WORDS ARE FROM THAT SAME SONG. My Daughter in law has just reported you to the copywrite law. and you will be in trouble missy. god bless your theifing soul

Dark Side said...

PTW - Whatever, obviously she wrote better than you spell

Michalleon47 - and your the same person as above...